St Catherine’s Catholic College, Singleton is seeking a Temporary Full-Time Secondary HSIE Teacher to join the team for 2022.
<p>St Catherine’s Catholic College, Singleton is seeking a Temporary Full-Time Secondary HSIE Teacher to join the team for 2022.
St Catherine's Catholic College draws its students from the Singleton local Government Area. Singleton is approximately 73 kilometres from Newcastle, close to attractions such as historical villages of Morpeth and Wollombi and a 30minute drive from the beautiful vineyard area of the Hunter Valley. The College is a co-educational school offering a comprehensive curriculum for students from Kindergarten to Year 12. Nestled in the beautiful Hunter Valley, St Catherine’s has a proud history of excellence and achievements in academic, sporting and cultural pursuits and offers a seamless transition for your all students in their educational journey. St Catherine’s is a Visible Wellbeing School focused on high expectations for all students. We have a Gifted Education Program and provide differentiated curriculum for students with diverse learning needs, both intervention and extension.</p><p>
Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Codes of Conduct.
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school;
<br>• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare high impact teaching strategies employed to cater for the needs of all learners and encourage them to work towards attainment of their potential;
<br>• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes;
<br>• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes;
<br>• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice;
<br>• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment;
<br>• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills.
<br>• Willingness to Comply or Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy. Category B or D – Accreditation to Teach or Accreditation to Teach Religion.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
<br>• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
<br>• Current NESA Accreditation;
<br>• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC) number;
<br>• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
Ability to teach Stage 6 Business Studies and Economics
Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.
• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including their contact details, one of whom must be their current principal.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
• Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted.
• Applications Close: Friday 20 May 2022 at 3.30pm
<a href="https://www.mn.catholic.edu.au/employment/positions-vacant/job/12161/" target="_blank">More Information</a><p></p>