Teaching Level: Primary
St. Mary’s school was opened by the Mercy Sisters in 1913 in its present premises. It was granted primary registration in February of that year. It commenced with one hundred and seventy-two students and five teachers in a three-roomed building. The sisters of the Order of Our Lady of Sion replaced the Sisters of Mercy. In the late 1970’s the first lay principal was appointed.